Coffee Plantation Enterprise
The general objectives of the Coffee Plantation Enterprise are to:
- Produce high-grade quality Arabica green coffee beans purchased at a fair market price to increase economic benefits to the farmer-growers.
- Help strengthen capacities of farmer-growers and members of the Bugkalot Tribe through step-by-step technology transfer and structured training programs for coffee-farmers and a capacity building program for both the cooperatives and Tribal Association.
- Create hundreds of jobs in the coffee processing complex (off-farm) and on-farm activities.
- Ensure sustainability through a long-term market agreement thus assuring Bugkalot Coffee Company revenues and a reliable income for the farmer-growers and members of the cooperatives.
- Strengthen reforestation and protect critical watersheds.